You need a sleep. You need enough sleep to function, restore and rejuvenate your mind and body.
Tens of millions of people have insomnia and other sleep problems. Stress, anxiety and fear can make an important contribution to sleep problems (and without sleep). Very often, people pull and turn all night or sleep for a few hours or not at all. This may be because the mind continues to focus (at maximum speed) on the problems, rather than go out at night and rest.
When I was 20 years old and I was trading on Wall Street, I had the same problem. I had a job that required me to perform at an extremely high level continuously throughout the day. From 7 am to 7 pm I could not sleep at night because my mind kept running, analyzing the work (and problems) of the day and planning the work (and problems) the next day. Lack of sleep began to interfere with my ability to perform the required high level at work. If this continued, I could not do my job effectively, and soon I would be tired and fired. I had to sleep more.
When I realized that my mind would not let me fall asleep until 1–2 am, I decided that I had to do something about it. What I've done? How did I solve the problem? I made a deal with my brain. The agreement was that when it was time to go to bed, I pulled all my problems, worries and fears out of my head and put them on the nightstand next to my bed. I promised my brain that all my problems, worries and fears will still be on the bedside table in the morning when I wake up and eliminate all my problems from the bedside table, insert them back into my brain, and my brain will be able to start rotating, running and returning to worry. After a few nights of trying everything worked. I cheated on my brain. I trained my brain. Now that it was time to go to bed, I could go to sleep, put aside my problems, worries and fears and fall asleep. And in the morning I rested and was ready to meet the day. It was a decade ago, and since then, when I lay in bed, I put my problems. And they sleep without any problems at night.In addition, I learned something else; Many of the things I was worried about at night disappeared or diminished when the next morning I went to pick them up from the bedside table.
When it's time to go to bed, the day ends. Leave your worries alone. When the day is over and it is time to sleep, you can no longer do anything at this time with regard to existing problems, fears and fears. Put them on a bedside table or, if you want, put an empty box next to the bed so that you have problems at night. Do not worry, all your problems, concerns and fears will still be in the morning. Or not in the meantime you can go to sleep.
And, if you want, you can even write your problems on a piece of paper and physically put them in a box. And in the morning you can pick them up again. Or not
As for the box, any empty box will do. Any color. It can help if the box has a lid, and you can leave it open so that you can easily express your worries, problems and fears. No, it should not be a big box. If you have a lot of worries.
Thursday, January 24, 2019
Author: BN
Etiam at libero iaculis, mollis justo non, blandit augue. Vestibulum sit amet sodales est, a lacinia ex. Suspendisse vel enim sagittis, volutpat sem eget, condimentum sem.
RELATED STORIES
- Blog Comments
- Facebook Comments